This is what the ATK/Hyosung GT650R looked like this morning as I prepared to ride it away from Orange County Harley-Davidson.
A couple of visual things I noticed as I was getting ready to ride.
- Instrument cluster is simple, and relatively easy to read, though some might find the analog tach a little small. The large LED speedo is very legible.
- The tank badge says “ATK”. The top of the triple tree says Hyosung “GT650R Comet”. ATK-produced bikes will no doubt have the Hyosung badges removed.
- Decent little trunk under the passenger seat.
- Useful cargo tiedowns on either side of the passenger seat.
- Extensive chain cover to protect your pants from flying chain oil.
Those were just quick first impressions.
This first year of ATK-badged bikes are actually unsold Hyosungs. For next year, Hyosung will build the components, and ATK will assemble them in their Utah factory.