I yield to no man in my advocacy of the philosophy of “All the gear, all the time” (ATGATT). When I went down after being hit by a driver who ran a stop sign, back in December, I ended up in much better shape than I otherwise would have because I was in full gear. As badly as I got worked, not wearing all the gear would have ended up worse.
But still, there are limits, and I think Universal Pictures has transgressed those limits with this:
Yes, it’s a replica of the Batman motorcycle suit that Christian Bale wore in “The Dark Knight”. And it apparently isn’t just a pretty piece of clothing. According to Universal, the suit is a real, functional set of leathers.
- Strong Cordura Mesh Base with Heavy-duty 4 way stretch Spandex inserts.
- Removable CE Approved Body Armor in both Jacket and Pants
- Highly detailed, removable lightweight interior lining.
- Form Molded Leather and Kevlar Armor Sectons [sic].
- Made from Quality Tanned Cow Hides
It looks like it even has knee pucks for racing. So, granted, it’s functional, and with CE armor, provides appropriate protection.
But if you buy and wear a Batman motorcycle suit, I can’t really decide if it’s just super-geeky, or…teh ghey.